Draft Proposal: WAGDIE in Battle (Game)

𝔗π”₯𝔒𝔯𝔒 𝔦𝔰 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔬𝔫𝔀 𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔒𝔯𝔒𝔰𝔱 𝔦𝔫 𝔣𝔲𝔫𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔀 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔧𝔒𝔠𝔱 𝔣𝔲𝔩𝔩𝔢.
π”šπ”’ π”žπ”―π”’ 𝔦𝔫 𝔱π”₯𝔒 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔒𝔰𝔰 𝔬𝔣 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔲𝔠𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔀 𝔱π”₯𝔒 π”­π”―π”¬π”­π”¬π”°π”žπ”© 𝔭𝔯𝔬𝔠𝔒𝔰𝔰 𝔴𝔦𝔱π”₯ 𝔱π”₯𝔦𝔰 𝔳𝔒𝔯𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔯𝔰𝔱 π”’π”΅π”žπ”ͺ𝔭𝔩𝔒.

3 Likes

Great idea and concept, finds my support.

2 Likes

This is awesome and you’ve demonstrated your dedication and time investment even before funding. We should definitely move forward regardless of the feedback I’m going to give below so don’t let this slow down getting the proposal teed up.

A few thoughts:

• Don’t try to over engineer it. The guild fights, guild management, leveling system, etc is all awesome, but I would try to get a minimum viable product out and running first. If we can do all that fantastic, but less is more imo. Maybe this is where having different milestones may be helpful.
  • Be careful with betting and in-game currency. I would recommend in-game currency is built in such a way that it has no value outside of the game that way you are not worrying about securities, etc. Not legal advice, but as simple thing is to make the ERC20 non-transferrable if that’s what you plan on using (see Toadstoolz for an implementation of this approach). You may have a different vision though in terms of how that works that gets around this.

I would also consider any incremental costs outside of development… E.g. do you need any help from artists in the community to create animations / visuals? If so you should include some funds for them as part of this ask.

Overall looks great! And your work has been awesome so far!

4 Likes

Welcome to the conclave Bright.

Full faith in 0xG development, I approve.

Only suggestion is to see some sort of Game Design Document (GDD) for proposals like these. Doesn’t have to be etched in stone, but having a GDD as part of any game-oriented proposals would help folks understand the intended mechanics and design of the game a bit better.

Most of us know what you’re cooking since it’s been in the public for a minute now, but with this being the first game proposal, it would be good to set precedent with even a light GDD before it goes to WIP status so that everyone can get on the same page.

3 Likes

Good points, the development plan is to split it up and release as each feature is completed along with beta tests rather than attempt to finish the whole thing in one go.

With the in-game currency it will be entirely off-chain so we won’t have to worry about that. The betting I’m thinking it’ll be with ETH but betting would be last thing to implement I think imo.

Good point about the visuals and stuff, I think we could have a separate proposal when the time comes that I’m at that stage because it’ll be a good bit before that’s important.

2 Likes

Good idea yea, I’ll work on one asap :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I guess, the most important suggestions were already made above (MVP, milestones, GDD).
I would maybe only ask you to express if you’d be willing to make it open source (or hand over to the community) at some point or with some conditions - for example, in case you won’t be able to keep developing it/maintaining it in the future. Like we all know - all things die.

1 Like

If I’m not able to keep developing/maintaining it in the future I’d be fine with making it open source. I’m full time web3 and planning on staying around permanently so if WAGDIE continues I’ll very likely still be around to maintain or develop new features if the community needs it.

I’ll always be able to be reached too during and after development.

4 Likes

Battle Battle! i love battle :+1:

4 Likes

Welcome to the Conclave.

1 Like

Hello @OxG,
The Conclave Representatives would like to move your proposal to a final stage. However, we need to clarify the following in order to do so:

You outline 3-4 project milestones which we will align with community treasury allocations. Conclave representatives agree that a first payment should be provided before the first milestone.

You assent to subject this project to any future, Conclave sanctioned auditors should it involve wallet interaction mechanics at any point in the future.

Best,
CR

4 Likes

Not sure I understand what β€œYou outline 3-4 project milestones which we will align with community treasury allocations.” means sorry.

Yes any smart contracts I’d gladly have the conclave sanctioned auditors look at before.

As of now the only interaction with your wallet in my game is the initial log in button which is simply a signed message.

2 Likes

This is how you could create milestones. 1st down payment if proposal passes. 2nd payment after X feature is done, 3rd payment after Y feature is done etc.

2 Likes

As the creator of the WAGDIE Tournament of Death and Bald Savior vs. Burner fight, I 100% support this proposal.

Additionally, 0xG is on our multi-sig for the prizes for the tournament - I haven’t worked closely with him, but he’s always been a pleasure to interact with, super helpful and supportive to me, and open to feedback and conversation about everything we’re both doing.

My thoughts:

• Ideal high impact project - I think this type of project is one of the most effecient/best things we can do with community wallet
  • Amazing value - It would be impossible to get a better price than this
  • Reward High Impact Community Effort - We should reward community members who put this much effort into something with such high impact/potential
  • Community Heat - We’ve seen some heat around this type of experience with the Tournament of Death
  • Social proof - I’ve seen 0xG been a positive member of community
  • Proof of work - he’s already built a lot, showing that he can execute

If we don’t fund this, I’m not sure what we’d fund frankly. Godspeed!

5 Likes

@0xG You should be able to edit this draft. Please get it prepared for Final Draft, make any changes you see fit etc.

I have made some changes mostly towards the end, also suggested a vote for the payment amount if possible.

Let me know if you need anything else from me

1 Like