WIP 3: WAGDIE in Battle (Game)

π–‚π–Š π–†π–—π–Š 𝕬𝖑𝖑 π•²π–”π–Žπ–“π–Œ 𝕿𝖔 π•―π–Žπ–Š 𝕴𝖓 π•­π–†π–™π–™π–‘π–Š

Abstract

WAGDIE in Battle will be an off-chain UI based game using on-chain assets. This will include 1v1 β€œBattles”, guild managment, tournaments with betting and prizes on-chain, PvE and a page for each WAGDIE to post updates on their own story progress.

β€Ž

Motivation

Currently the barrier of entry is a big high to WAGDIE so having an easy to understand and follow game along with story telling it will be a lot easier to show the rest of the NFT community what we’re about.

Using WAGDIE in Battle we can also interact together better and follow each others stories by following those characters.

β€Ž

Rationale

WAGDIE In Battle will have playable storylines created by your own character, post your updates on your characters page, join guilds, fight others or even together. I feel this fits exactly what the community enjoys and fits the theme too.

β€Ž

Specifications

This will be a website that is powered by a server that handles all the game logic along with interactions on-chain where needed. I will have a database that stores all the games information.

Currently as it stands all assets owned by the player would never be touched and only be used a proof of ownership to play the game. If we wanted to add death mechanics or on-chain betting that would have to change but currently assets will be 100% safe.

β€Ž

Steps to Implement

Currently I am building the base of this project already and have posted many updates on my twitter https://twitter.com/_0xG__

I will be handling the frontend, backend, solidity and database myself as I’m most comfortable doing that so I can move at a fast pace and not depend on other work to be completed. As I progress to a better state I plan to release a base version that I will continually expand upon as I go with frequent updates and suggestions that the community make.

β€Ž

Timeline

As more thought has been put in to each feature I’d expect a fully featured beta version to be live in 8-12 weeks although the base game with tournaments, PvP, PvM and renaming your character should be done in that 4-6 weeks with a beta even sooner.

1d49472e9bb5cdb51e98e2ce93e7f7ba

:skull: Overal Cost - The total cost to implement the proposal (in ETH).

10k USDC

Wallet: 0x82947b9Fe407c0ac262196a6aBB1266256D4b2c1

This game will be created regardless of the outcome of this proposal, the only thing that will be different will be the speed and amount of features. I currently work as a full time web 3 developer and have many projects I work with so my time is super limited.

If someone was to come to me with this idea I’d quote them $20-25k because it’s a massive massive task but since I also would love to contribute I’ll be able to grind and work on this with degenerate work hours and continuous updates for 10k USDC.

Of course these things take a lot of work and I’ve already put in well over a hundred hours.

If Proposal Passes

• PvE System.
  • PvP System.
  • Tournaments.
  • Betting.
  • Community funded NFT shop paid with in-game currency.
  • Page for every wagdie to post updates to your own personal story.
  • Feed page of all characters that you follow.
  • Guild management system.
  • Guild fights.
  • Guild specific missions
  • Leaderboard
  • Level system for every WAGDIE
  • Rename your WAGDIE with your lore name.

If Proposal Fails

• PvE System.
  • PvP System (Only 1v1s)
  • Guild management system (Limited features).
  • Leaderboard

Payment plan.

50% after proposal passes

25% after these features are live

• PvE System.
  • PvP System.
  • Tournaments.
  • Betting.
  • Leaderboard

Final 25% after these features are live

• Guild fights.

If the community wants any more specific features or super major changes to existing features we will likely require another proposal to help fund that within reason of course.

After Development
If a situation arises where I am either unable to or no longer wanted to develop or maintain WAGDIE in Battle I will release the source code of everything to the community.

The situations where this would happen are:

1. I no longer have time to develop additional features past this proposal features without funding.

2. A proposal passes that requires me ceasing all development and handing over the source code (I’d no longer work on it after this)

3. The price I quote for development work is deemed too high (unlikely, I like wagdie and WAGDIE in Battle is already being done at a huge discount) and the community wants to hire a new developer.

Payment Voting
If a client came to me asking me to develop something to this scale I’d ask maybe $35k and I’ve seen members of the community acknowledge that my price is super cheap. If possible I’d like to have a vote on how much to allocate to this as in.

1. $10k
  2. $12.5k
  3. $15k

This is completely optional and the only reason I add this is because I do need to pay rent and allocate my time properly among projects I’m working on. If I’m paid a slightly higher amount I’m able to justify allocating this project more which I would be super happy to do!

Even at the highest $15k that is less than 9% of the total treasury for all of the features above is extremely reasonable in my opinion and will be a massive driving force to lowering the barrier of entry and providing β€œutility” outside of the story and lore.

Safety audits
Completly on board with any audits, there is currently a proposal to set up auditors for community made projects which I’ve been nominated for also so I am fine with helping prove safety of any features.

2 Likes

This is awesome!

A few questions;

• How much of this is on-chain vs on private databases or servers? Is there a plan for keeping the game and features available if there are private databases or servers required?
  • Are you open to making the code open source or otherwise available to the WAGDIE community or DAO?
  • Is there any planned revenue potential from this game? Are you open to making this interoperable so other community devs can monetize it however they want?
  • You also worked on https://opensea.io/collection/already-dead and wagdie.net, yeah? Seem like good things to mention as examples of your talent & history contributing to the project!
2 Likes

@0xG , I know your proposal is already live but just wanted to make sure you saw these questions.

Also I’ll take this moment to link the live vote: Snapshot

1 Like

Hey!

1. 95% will be off-chain on private databases. This is so we can have a gas free system and gives more room for better features. If there is any on-chain features it’ll only be either burn mechanics or where assets are required to be handled (betting).

2. If I discontinue development or maintenance I will make everything open source. It will not be publicly available while I am still maintaining.

3. There will be a betting system which I will likely submit a proposal for how to handle that. This would be something like 10% fee on the prize pool of which 30% of would go back to the community treasury and the rest to help further development.

4. Yea I should have added those but I’m a bit late now haha!

2 Likes

Can explore alternative chains to cut down on gas (immutable x) comes to mind among others. If you wanted to still have it on chain. Also @poof probably a great person to pick brain on games in web3.

As far as the betting system and any revenue generation, may not have to be a separate proposal as we already have the 30% agreement locked in as WIP 1 for any Proposals that receive funding and have revenue plans.

Regardless, can get proposal WIP 3 through and the game created first. Then see how users are enjoying it and how much interest it captures before further developments and pushes for additional proposals.

Yea definitely although I’m a big fan of off-chain gameplay with a bridge to on-chain for many reasons. Mostly to save gas but also gives a ton of freedom in mechanics.

For example our in game currency could eventually be bridged from off-chain to on-chain for whatever purpose.

1 Like

Proposal Passed with $15K Funding as the winning vote with:

• 716 WAGDIE
  • Quorum 772/200

Results: Snapshot

Payment plan.

50% after proposal passes

25% after these features are live

• PvE System.
  • PvP System.
  • Tournaments.
  • Betting.
  • Leaderboard

Final 25% after these features are live

• Guild fights.
2 Likes

@0xG @Dontfeedthewolf

The initial 50% payment has been sent:

5 Likes

@Icculus can we send the next 25% payment to @0xG

wallet: 0x82947b9Fe407c0ac262196a6aBB1266256D4b2c1

https://www.beta.wagdie.net/