WAGDIE: You Will Not Survive is a F2P roguelike RPG mobile video game that lets players and holders take control of their WAGDIE characters. With engaging gameplay, addictive leveling and powering, and a way to play through the entire WAGDIE story, this will become the premium product for the WAGDIE project. To deliver version 1.0 of this game, we are asking for $60,000.
Who We Are
Rama and b33f are long-time WAGDIE holders and experienced game devs. Rama has created a plethora of art and games for various projects that are beautiful, tight, and fun to play. B33f has spent the past year as the game director of EtherOrcs Dungeons, an exciting turn-based RPG with over 200 weekly players; prior to web3, he worked in film and video games for Vice, Kotaku, ESPN, and other media outlets. Both profoundly understand the WAGDIE story and what makes games fun and compelling to play.
Why a WAGDIE videogame?
Videogames and NFTs seem to be the perfect match, but the space still needs to realize and execute the core principles of what makes games FUN and sustainable game ecosystems. We put gaming and fun first; making a GOOD game is what’s most important.
With WAGDIE: You Will Not Survive, we plan to make a compelling web3 gaming experience and a wide-funnel web2 game for those outside NFTs to play and enjoy!
WAGDIE pfps come alive, and holders are granted in-game benefits befitting their status as WAGDIE holders. Experience the story of WAGDIE in a whole new way!
The Conclave would receive 30% of all game sales initially. Once 100% of the funds of the 60k have been recovered, the conclave rate drops to 15% in perpetuity.
We want to leave the door open for a formal game publisher to enter and offer porting services, marketing, the mobile market, licensing copyright, and more.
We reserve the right to make other funding agreements with various blockchains, publishers, and distributors for the continued success of the game.
If a new publisher or investor wishes to make a deal that would require more equity, the game devs reserve the right to have the conclave “bought out” if required to execute a new deal that is more advantageous.
Why we’re doing this
- We are massive fans of WAGDIE and web3
- We believe that the WAGDIE story is best told in a game format, relive the Battle of the Church, The Crows Trial, and venture into the Primordial Lands
- We can pioneer and position WAGDIE as the Lore and Game-based ecosystem and community
- This will create the base game and allow us to continue to build and expand a living-breathing WAGDIE game for years to come.
- We want to utilize previously made WAGDIE assets like The World of WAGDIE map and truly bring it to life.
We are asking for 60k USD to bring version 1.0 of WAGDIE: You Will Not Survive to market. 40k USD to be paid initially, with 20k USD coming after the playable beta/early access debuts in 4–6 months.
February - Base Game concept completion with:
- 4 Initial Character Classes
- 15 Base Weapons
- 10 Base Items
- Elemental Effects Systems
- Chest Mechanics
- Endless Mode Level 1 structure and scoring system
March/April - Story Mode concept completion:
- Integrate Spaces audio w/game effects and dialogue boxes to tell the story of WAGDIE
- Complete the first level, “The Burning of the Ape”
- Continue on to levels 2-67, “The Stalwart Fortress”, “Trial of the Crow”, “Summoning of the Amalgam”, “The Grand Tournament”, “The Primordial Lands”, “Yuria’s Heart”
- Integrate World of WAGDIE map as the level selector
- Title Screen
April/May - Leveling & Devotion to the 17 systems
- Create and Implement meta-progression systems aligned w/story lore
- Players will have the choice of Devoting themselves to 1 of the 17 to gain power
- Introduce tech trees and new effects that align w/power of the 17
May/June - Abyss Mode & Beta Test
- Create “The Abyss” which is a dungeon-style game mode w/micro battles (1/2 mins long)
- Players start their journey at the surface, and most make it to The Serpent to win, fighting in several battles with various goals along the way
- This is a roguelike dungeon mode combined with our existing gameplay loop
- Release the game for Beta Test, token gate it for WAGDIE holders
June/July - Early Access Release/Server Integration
- Work out backend and server verification/anti-cheat with SPY
- Release an Early Access version of the game on Steam/Epic
July/September - Continued development
- Team will continue to work out bugs and fixes for the current Early Access game
- Story, Abyss, Endless, and the leveling system will be refined and built out to a further extent.
- Multiplayer/Battle Royale, the team will begin concepting and working on a multiplayer mode for the game as a stretch goal.
October/November - Testing, Go Gold, Release
- Team will on-board various community members to push and test the game
- Game will go Gold in November for Version 1.0 Launch
- Game will launch Version 1.0 in November on Steam/Epic and other PC game stores.
2024 - Porting, Multiplayer, DLC
- Ports to other platforms like mobile, console, and mac will begin
- Multiplayer will be fleshed out and move into beta
- New Story, Endless, Abyss, and Devotion tech trees will be sold as DLC
- Game Development — 40k USD (Rama & b33f)
- Art & Music — 5k USD (Grant Holzter, EtherOrcs Soundtrack. Rolu & Rama for art)
- Backend and Server Development — 5k USD
- Smart Contract/Web3 Integration —5k USD (LookingforOwls)
- Distribution/Marketing — 5k USD
- Total: 60k USD
We will be taking the route of a web2-style game with a web3 offering down the line. This model would have an MSRP of $6.66 USD for the base game, and we would have DLC packs for $2-3 USD for future updates!
We would plan to release the game to Epic and Steam initially, with porting support to consoles if we can find the correct publisher services to enable that expansion.
The initial distribution of the game will be controlled by Rama and b33f, unless we can strike a deal with a game publisher.
The team’s LLC will handle all revenue generated by the game unless further publishing or licensing deals are struck in the long term.
What is WAGDIE: You Will Not Survive
WAGDIE: You Will Not Survive is a F2P Roguelike RPG that is playable on mobile devices. Players will play as their WAGDIE characters, fight monsters with auto-aim combat, level up in-game as the enemy Hordes crash in around them, earn in-game currency to spend on meta-progression power-ups, and get more characters.
There will be several game modes:
- Story Mode (Play through the story of WAGDIE)
- Endless Mode (Play until you DIE, try for the highest score)
- Abyss Mode (Battle through micro-encounters to reach and defeat The Serpent)
- PvP ( Play the same map with up to 4 other players, may the best WAGDIE win)
Close games in the genre would be Vampire Survivors, 20 Minutes Til Dawn, Rogue Genesia, Tiny Rogues, and Hades.
After 4–6 months of receiving conclave funds, we will release the early access beta of the game exclusively to WAGDIE holders to test and play.
Once the beta has been delivered, four months after, we will release the full Version 1.0 mobile version of the game for mass consumption.
Benefits to WAGDIE holders and Conclave
- Premium access to the game world, free in-game currency, and the ability to play as and level up your characters
- A wide-funnel f2p game that will impact people outside the NFT space
- New ways to get people exposed to WAGDIE
- A Revenue model for the Conclave
- A module to utilize in partnerships with other NFT projects
- Monthly Spaces with the community
- Bi-Weekly Mediums on in-game progress
The release of WAGDIE: You Will Not Survive is just the beginning; we plan on maintaining and developing the game as the WAGDIE story continues and develops, adding characters and creatures to a living and breathing world!
Link to Medium: We Are All Going To Die: You Will Not Survive | by B33f | Jan, 2023 | Medium
Link to Tech Demo: WAGDIE: You Will Not Survive by Rollinorama#7647
Note: Current tech demo utilizes EtherOrcs Dungeon monsters for in-game enemies, weapons for in-game items, and music from the EtherOrcs soundtrack. This will not be the case in the future unless we receive full permissions from both the EtherOrcs team and WAGDIE conclave for integration.