Proposal: Finish The WAGDIE World Map

Finish The WAGDIE World Map

After talking with The Two, The Keepers believe it would be appropriate for the Conclave to fund the completion of the work-in-progress WAGDIE world map and release the art asset as CC0 so everyone within the community can use it.

The map is unfinished, and we owe it to ourselves to see the world’s visuals to their completion or we may not get the chance.

As a community, the conclave would send 2 ETH to The Two, which they would distribute to the commissioning artist and see to the map’s completion.

The Map assets would then be released in their entirety in a downloadable format for use in videos, games, and visual references.

The total number of map assets remaining to complete would be equal to 5 unfinished mainland areas and one undisclosed area outside the Forsaken Lands proper.

The Keepers are requesting 2 ETH be sent to the wagdie.eth wallet: 0x8d2Eb1c6Ab5D87C5091f09fFE4a5ed31B1D9CF71

2 Likes

It has been frequently debated over the past 2 years as to whether the Forsaken Lands has been charted in its entirety or is iteratively forming based on its inhabitants’ exploration. Guess we have finally received the answer!

The fragments of the World are foundational to unraveling the story of WAGDIE. Without them, the narrative doesn’t move forward meaningfully.

Nothing better than having the Two and the Keepers being able to fulfill the visualization of their world :pray:

treasury funds are getting pretty tight now. & the map pieces haven’t gotten much engagement. So I’d say we hold off on funding this one until the treasure grows (eg from game royalties, or impacts of other proposals, …).

I’d be more open to it if The Two return to providing the lore and experiences that accompany exploring the map…?

afaik the royalties mostly funded and continue to fund The Two. And the conclave was supposed to fund additional community driven things, and with the game it would ideally become self sustaining

This would help us out at dethsoft as well, a completed world map will look amazing in-game.

Can we please fund this

2 Likes

If you’re a fan of the lore that wagdie and The Two brought us so far, you definitely want to see this map finished!

1 Like

Is ~$5k the right cost for this? I don’t know much about it, but it seems a bit high

Not map related but:

To be clear the royalties stopped funding anything over a year ago. Most everything has been out of pocket or volunteer work since.

I personally have been paying hundreds of dollars a month just for hosting FoW, Discourse and other related costs. There might come a time when I’ll have to dial back some of the website features to bring costs down.

It’s inline with the amount of work it will take. Also, a lot of the past map work was done for free by the artist out of passion.

1 Like