Proposal: Fund Wagdie Weekly

PROPOSAL: Fund WAGDIE Weekly

WAGDIE Weekly has been operating for over 2 years on a weekly basis. It is the most consistent active avenue for officiated WAGDIE content. This includes over 20+ episodes in the recent full-production style, which has included custom scripting, vocal recording, full audio production, contract interactions, gameplay designs, and more… If you’ve participated, you know what it is.

This has all been accomplished with a dedicated 4 hrs per week to the project since vacating the social side. I had given myself this strict limitation to assure that I put time and energy back into the rest of my very neglected life, and enterprise. At my peak, I was operating in WAGDIE world more than 40+ hrs per week.

After a few months in low-power mode, I have recovered some and rebuilt new avenues of interest, and productivity. WAGDIE Weekly has persisted as a hobby, but the product has suffered for it while my focus is elsewhere.

There is a lot more to operating successful campaigns than simply producing them. It requires prodding, goading, and instigation. There must be risk and reward, as well as socially integrated stories. All of this requires more consistent and observant game-mastery than simple module production. This cannot be adequately covered in just 4 hrs per week.

The theory that the game of WAGDIE could persist solely by organic community-developed content is a fallacy. Nearly every spring of participation and creation has come as response to officiated content. Without dedicated individuals crafting playable content for others in The Forsaken Lands, the world is null.

So, I entreat you to tempt my return. I have reached a point of stability, and am willing to offer 20 hrs per week to the project, in production of WAGDIE Weekly episodes, high-level community management, and necessary contracy / frontend development required to produce a more robust and engaging calendar of content for WAGDIE.

Weekly Schedule

Show Production - 10hr
Upping my production time to more than double its current will allow for longer, more robust episodes of greater quality. These have been about 5-10 minutes, but with the additional time, we would be able to target 20-30 mins per episode.

The advantage of this is to explore some stories in greater detail, but also to provide multiple simultaneous storylines, pending player involvement/desire.

Dungeon Production - 3hr
Once per month, I would like to deliver a more extensively produced Dungeon Event. Typically, these include a large group of Pilgrims venturing through encounters, each with their own puzzle, narrative, choice, or combat solution.

These events take substantially more planning and coordination, so setting aside a few hrs per week to build them would make these incredible events feasible on a routine basis.

As for my dungeon-design pedigree… I don’t remember if I ever revealed my involvements in prior dungeon developments, but… iykyk… :wink:

Office Hours (Mon-Fri) - 5hr
An open collaboration hour, once per weekday, to coordinate and build with various community members who wish to more directly or covertly influence the storyline, or involve themselves. This will take place over Discord in the tavern, and across private chats.

This will also be the time I dedicate to maintaining the community features which have been languishing in my absence. Upkeep and update to the reporting bots, conclave executions, and various behind-the-scenes levers that keep the pieces moving.

Miscellaneous - 2hr
As events progress, they will require development of contracts, front-ends, tokens, character updates, locations, and other elements that make the experience more than just words. These things take time to develop, and having a few small hrs per week set aside, means that we will have the time to create more these interactive assets.

I must stress that these few hrs are not enough to build massive or complex interactive elements, but small things on the scale of Acolytes could be possible periodically.

For this to be worth my time and effort, I am requesting 10 ETH distributed at 1 ETH per month from September 2024 to June 2025 concluding just after the 3-year anniversary.

The ETH will be held in a gnosis, with @Atriox and @Icculus as signors, requiring all 3 parties to verify the distribution.

My plans post-LORN had been to do this and more with the support of its revenue. Giving myself to WAGDIE as a full-time job would have been no issue. With its incomplete mint, that became impossible.

I hope you still have interest in The Forsaken Lands, and enjoy playing. Despite the quieting across our world (and all of ETH), I still believe we have something tremendous and unique.

WAGDIE will probably never thrive… but we can have fun with it in the meantime.

– Offling

1 Like

Aye! :+1: I’d love to see more pain and suffering in the Forsaken Lands and for more Pilgrims to perish in the most awful ways! :skull:
Glad to hear you were able to rest and regroup :saluting_face:

1 Like

Thanks for your thorough proposal Offling.

Reading through it, I am reminded that WAGDIE has and only works because of collaboration: the skills of teams on the dev side joining with the passion of members on the community side.

Betrothing half of the treasury to a singular person to execute on these multiple fronts as he/she sees fit seems not just unsustainable as a concept but unsuitable to the fundamental principles of what makes WAGDIE work. At its core, its not a dungeon master issue (the Conclave shelled out 6 ETH worth of proposals to DMs to deliver player led initiatives; it remains missing); its a dwindling player base challenge and there are probably more effective ways to hail mary the treasury to address that.

I fully believe in funding the 20-30 minute episodes you want to create weekly. There’s alot of artistic integrity here! Not negotiating on the value assigned to your time only leaves reduction of hours as a possibility, probably the more nebulous 7 toward "office hours” and β€œmiscellaneous”. Are you open to the idea?

Glad to hear you’re feeling better.

The terms outlined above in my post are the only ones I am willing to agree to.

If they are unacceptable to the conclave, then I will not proceed.

This is what is required for me to reciprocally commit to WAGDIE Year 3.

Voting is live for 20 days.
https://decide.fateofwagdie.com/#/proposal/0x5ea9f94230c49fc838e53b34255f3731c3dc3e1bd88224438488fb2d007dd821