๐”ˆ๐”ซ๐”ค๐”ž๐”ค๐”ข๐”ช๐”ข๐”ซ๐”ฑ ๐”๐”ž๐”ถ๐”ข๐”ฏ๐”ฐ & ๐”ฅ๐”ฌ๐”ด ๐”ฑ๐”ฌ ๐”ฆ๐”ช๐”ญ๐”ฏ๐”ฌ๐”ณ๐”ข ๐”ฑ๐”ฅ๐”ข๐”ช

This is the power of cc0. That person doesnโ€™t need to be active and the character/IP is public domain.

Weโ€™ve already encountered She Who Smiles, Piyu, & Detriti in the game. None of these required the owners being active.

On the flip side we tried involving Richardโ€™s Luta the Beacon & it didnโ€™t really evolve into anything, whereas Merlinโ€™s own char creation, Elise and Ruined Shrine ties to the seal and Yuria had a more profound impactโ€ฆ

Merlin wasnโ€™t forced to behave the way he did and the owner of Yuria wasnโ€™t involved.

You have passion and your heart is in the right place but trying to force people to do things and punishing those who donโ€™t isnโ€™t the answer.

Besides we already have hardcore mode and friction.

We have events people canโ€™t participate in without risking their NFTs and they have to be paying attention when call to action happens or they miss the opportunity to participate. These things are already punishing enough to those who arenโ€™t committed 24/7 and donโ€™t have excess capital to afford throwing an nft away.

Even the best games offer hardcore and casual modes. Ranked and unranked. We have one side of it already covered and are doing it well. We also need to think about the other side.

3 Likes

Itโ€™s cc0. You can create a storyline with that char without that personโ€™s permission.

Cant edit the char sheet, canโ€™t vote with that token. But you could rock that pfp, make story with it and hey maybe even get that persons attention and then negotiate buying it off them or get them to update the sheet.

Not saying you can force them to sell or change it, thatโ€™s their choice. But no one is stopping anyone from creating story with any chars they want.

It may not fit the canon or mainline, it may find its way in, depends how itโ€™s done and whether the community accepts it. But what youโ€™re saying is a problem is actually not an issue and if anythingโ€ฆ itโ€™s part of a solution.

If we have good holders who arenโ€™t active, those are chars that arenโ€™t being utilized and Iโ€™m sure theyโ€™d be honored and happy to see people creating story with their chars

3 Likes

While lack of participation might be frustrating to some I do not personally feel itโ€™s up to us to take unilateral actions based on how we think people should be interacting with the project.

One of the core principles of WAGIDE is consent.

Every burn has been something you the community has opted into. The only metadata changes so far have been to WAGIDE owned by the team or to reveal a concord. I canโ€™t see any future path where we change this dynamic.

4 Likes

This is an interesting idea and something that is very doable. POAPs could also have a much lower voting power than WAGDIE tokens to ensure the community has a greater say. It does open up some issues with the funding proposals but there is always the option to split off story based voting from conclave voting.

5 Likes

I really like the 1/10 POAP vote system for everything except Conclave executions.

Do hate the number inflation it will cause, but overall I think itโ€™s a tremendous system.

Who / What will be in charge of creating / distributing the POAPs?

Also, be reminded that POAP seagulls are the worst examples of all humanity and managing this program will not be an enjoyable experience.

2 Likes

There are many good points made in this thread, I will highlight the main actionable items below to keep at top of mind.

Breaking it into 3 categories:

1. In progress
  2. Needs a champion (the champion will drive the progress)
  3. Finished

In Progress:

• Official Community Twitter spaces after Narrative portion.

• Official Schedule/Bulletin board on fateofwagdie.com @Icculus

Needs a champion

• Participation POAPS (voting power only for story line)
    This would primarily be in the Keeperโ€™s hands, so doesnโ€™t need a champion yet.
    If the goal is to onboard new people, having a simple barrier would suffice. Multiple choice question about a specific detail in the narrative space. We can monitor for abuse down the line, but we donโ€™t need to have a perfect solution now.
    The art for the POAP can be a scene from the specific story itself by the Keepers, maybe the community can contribute down the line.

• Community Recap (@Dontfeedthewolf possible champion)
    Points taken from @PrinceHamDoe

• Highlighting people who are working on projects, platforming them to speak about their work/showcase their work.
    • Lore Discussions held by lore masters
    • Theory crafting/bet placing on our latest adventure
    • History of the WAGDIE project(i.e. where weโ€™ve come from, where are we now, where are we going)
    • Just chatting/chilling
    • Q/A for members to ask questions about the Lore or the Project

Finished

• Role Playing Channel (Forsaken Lands)
    thank you @Dontfeedthewolf. letโ€™s maybe add a voice channel as well? The tavern can be used for casual speak.
3 Likes

Iโ€™m ready to start WAGDIE Weekly as early as this week :studio_microphone:

1 Like

Same going to DM you on discord.

1 Like

This thread is key to the organic growth of the project, please let me know if I can help or add value in any way.

skills:

• music production
  • concept art
  • graphic design
1 Like

@pandira you were the one putting together fun wagdie playlist right?

Wagdie Weekly spaces could def use intro outro songs

1 Like

Yes haha I made them for fun really nothing serious. I like to listen to them while some events unfold in the game. But yeah I totally think itโ€™s a great idea to adapt intro/outro songs to enhance the UX.

Any reference, suggestion or criticism is welcome. Iโ€™m interested to know what does @josiah.peace (I wonโ€™t get tired of saying how good the ads of The Grand Tournament were), and @tenacity.eth thinks about the intro/outro songs idea.

In the meantime, I can edit loops/clips of songs/beats that can go along with the podcast. We can also take the path of producing original music for the weekly space, in my opinion both are effective. The key is in the sentiment of familiarity generated by the music, thus creating a greater impact on the listenerโ€™s memory.

3 Likes