WAGDIE Intro Video

Narration: The Forsaken Lands… a place where time was lost… and the cycle goes on…

Visual: Scroll across the land, a great fog covering all but The Church, the doors creak open and we find pilgrims inside, highlighting a variety of favorable traits.

You are The Lost Pilgrim… a once incredible power… now splintered to thousands, broken by the cycle.

Visual: A searing white light clears the fog revealing more of the world as the Pilgrims traverse across it and meet characters

Together you must search for the knowledge to uncover this world’s true meaning…
and the power to shape it…

Visuals: Field notes, a Crow’s Talon, the stalwart and crow’s den.

To make a contract with The Two…

In the beginning…there were two.

The Nameless Serpent, a deity of foul decay, churning the world’s souls through death…and rebirth.

And…

Visual: endless scales and coiling through the dirt, underground, brushing up against and disturbing buried bones of many graves darkness with very little light but then find that keyhole that the eye follows into a light that expands into…

The Mother Agora whose light defined the heavens, with searing heat and unspeakable knowledge.

Though silent, their magnitude commands tribute — the sacrifice of many has been made in their honor; souls sent to burn for their blessing.

Visual: Bright light into the white stature of mother agora first dimmed then lit up and a great fire before her with the MAYC burning and remnants of many pilgrims before

Idk if it would help to give visual cues and ideas or not but still say, artist @deadness.eth take the reigns and interpret how you want… or you just freely go off script without visual descriptions

2 Likes

Yet, despite these unprompted acts of self-destruction, their grace has been found within the Tokens of Concord — Gifts from on-high symbolizing purpose and unity within this divided land.

The Tokens of Concord…to hold them is to be part of something greater, to be WHOLE!

Visual: The tokens of bonfire and flame of 21 following the sacrifices for Agora from the scene before and maybe a scroll of fateofwagdie burned chars with flames…

Field Notes for the scholars, researching desperately for answers.

Visual: Rita, Gregor, Luta the Beacon and the Stalwart, field notes and a variety of pilgrims to show no specific traits required just devotion to research

The Darkblades hold their Fetid Talons….and a love of chaos…

Visuals: crows beak, crows armor and detritus Mail, the Crow Detriti and her crows with their Fetid Crow’s Talon

For those infatuated with Creative DESTRUCTION… take The Witches’ Brush, the Toad, Cauldron of Detriti’s Coven

Visual: the swamps of detriti, decrepits, pilgrims with the coven of detriti concord tokens and the Amalgam in all its glory

Or, laugh in the face death itself with a Noxium Brew among The Grand Jesters.

Visual: the nameless charter, a fools cap on his bald head, riding the serpent as it devours another pilgrim while other pilgrims are drinking noxium brew laughing, rolling jester’s dice and maybe even splice in Julian’s clip with the Jester’s wand

Or maybe anger and rage drive you with The Furies of Yuria and protectors of Mount Turlo

Visual: Molten land, fire, raptors and lightning the Molten Heart, Molten Seal, Obsidian Blades and Raptor tooth concords… Yuria, Her Lover and Turlo tunic pilgrims… Merlin :man_mage:

2 Likes

yeah, real good inspirational input. Awesome <3
I just need a VO to align my sketch to when we done with the script.
@Icculus said he will take care of that. Who will approve the script of @KingOffling ?

did you have time to sketch a rough voiceover? I’ll start creating the animatic as soon as I got one. Are you cool with the script of @Dontfeedthewolf & @KingOffling or do you need anything in addition?

I believe the script is off to the voice recording as we speak.

Nice, got it. I have to finish some work this week and start with the animatic by the beginning of next week (10.10)

2 Likes

Yoyoyo my wagdies. @Icculus I had good help from ser @KingOffling and the awesome VO.
I made a draft animatic with it. A guide for the final video so to speak. This thing should be fine tuned in timing and scene build up before the final assets are going to be created to ensure a clean workflow for me and result that makes the community happy. The workload is 3 times as much as we originally thought, so everything needs to be aligned before the final production.
Let me know what you think of it, I’m ready for your feedback:

4 Likes

It’s incredible work for everyone involved! I love how expansive you are with the visuals. For a project like this where the goal is to showcase the diverse world as much as possible, emphasizing the different terrains of the swampy fens of the Coven, rolling grass knolls of the Stalwart, and vibrant verdant of the Primordial Lands is key.

Script wise, its paramount to include an invitation to the viewer so integrating that with the examples of previous adventures (saving Yuler, etc.) was a very smart choice.

There is a script error in the beginning where Tokens of “Discord” is said instead of Tokens of “Concord”. I do believe the narration could benefit from a more energetic engine to drive the epic scale of this world. I assume a more more lively, enthralling soundtrack will be added but even then, the juxtaposition between the more cryptic, sage like cadence might be iffy.

I’m sure others will comment on the length and content so I’ll emphasize this here upon which all other decisions is contingent upon: Who is the intended audience this video is catering to?

If its purpose is it to serve as a summative recap of all the different adventures thus far, perfect length and exposition.
If its an introductory overview for newcomers to understand the worldscape, perhaps some trimming is in order.

Fantastic work thus far @Icculus, @KingOffling, @deadness.eth and thank you for reading.

We have an alt take, and this isn’t final audio mix.
Discord → Concord is fixed in the edited.
There is juice in the mix to come, but no re-record.

1 Like

This is amazing, the draft animatic really helps to visualize how the final output will be. The inclusion of key stories so far is great to illustrate the project. Can’t wait to see it progress.

Have to agree here though. Music I am sure will help, but the narration did feel a bit slow/sombre? Perhaps intentional, I had just expected more dynamism?

I felt the Concord Token section would lose me a bit as a new viewer … could perhaps be cut down/halved. Whereas I think the 17/past story coverage was probably about right.

I assume this is the “feature length trailer” and there would be a snappier 1-2min version as per the original brief? I think that’s what we need for the second objective Josiah mentioned - to catch the attention of newcomers/encourage further exploration.

1 Like

Yeah I think first 1.5 minutes then last 1-1.5 is perfect for intro video.

The whole segment about concords and guilds could be used elsewhere as a separate video and introduction to more

2 Likes

I love it!! We can use different versions of this basic frame too now that we have a structure and base… (just like they do in ads… its all one 2 minute version and then there’s maybe a 60 second and 30 second etc.)

Thanks ser!

2 Likes

Exactly why I don’t mind them making this 5 minute version. It’s easier to edit, work with and make any version we want in any digestible format once its done as I think we can see multiple videos made from this versus the long format one.

1 Like

GM
We need to funnel the feedback a little, before I start creating the final artworks for the animation.
Do we need a faster voice over? do I need to align timing? Which artworks would work, what don’t… such things need to be clearified, otherwise I have to do the same things over and over again. We got the animatic to align things before production. Who decides things in here? do we need a vote, or can @Icculus decide? Just need some direction, as I can’t just produce something and hope community is cool with it

In this case The Two would be the deciders. I will check with them today and see where things stand with their feelings on the animation.

1 Like

Sorry I’m late with feedback. I think this is great, I’m really excited to see it with the animations and soundtrack in place. Obviously it’s well over the 1-2 min scope but it’s tough to fit everything in. Here’s a couple suggestions to get the time down:

• Drop the descriptors for nameless and agora: “In the beginning there were 2, the nameless serpent and mother agora…[skip to:] a sacrifice of many has been made in their honor”

• Merge the bit about the 17 and the tokens, example: “The swamp witch and the crow with their brush and cauldron resist conformity through the passion of creativity…”

I would also echo @josiah.peace thoughts on narration. Another thing that could help on time is if the lines were delivered a little quicker.

I also agree with @Dontfeedthewolf - if we want to keep all of this I think it would be good to have them be separate videos.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll adapt two version with this merged parts over the weekend and let you know when done :smiley:

1 Like

Had some urget work coming in, still keepin me busy, aiming for mid week to deliver the animatics. Sry for the delay bretheren and sisteren :heart:

2 Likes

U gucci fam we vibe here no cap ur work will always slap no matter the delay we stan u all fax no printer stay bussin deadness

3 Likes

Still got delayed due moving apartments and depression shit going on.
Really having a hard time doing creative work and propper communication at the moment. Sorry for that.
I’d start the production of scenes on monday.

I noticed, that the initial briefing was a 2 min video with some boppin wagdie, pretty simple, but this morphed to a 6 minute video with animated parts and lots of scenes to draw. I would need an adpation in compensation for that if that’s cool with @Icculus @TheTwins

If this is all set and fair, I can focus only on the production of the video next week

Sry for all the delays again

2 Likes