WIP-0: To incentivize decision making activity by establishing a decentralized Moderation team for the Forum

Peach
Bus
rom
or meπŸ˜‚

For Dark blade guild representative

1 Like

Nominations so far are (will continue to update as people comment):

• King Offling
  • Bus
  • EntiTez
  • Balyan
  • 0xMerlin
  • Popa1986
  • Josiah
  • Wolf
  • Peach
  • Rom
  • LostCowboy

Timelines for checkin in and renewing (adding another monkey wrench for those who want to think about such things)

• Maybe every 6 weeks?

Also something to consider… How MANY moderators TOTAL should there be for this first round?

• (insert number)

Remember Moderators are the ones who move New Proposals to FINAL PROPOSALS, they are the curators. Proposals do NOT go live without passing through Moderation.

7 Likes

Also question is this for conclave representative??

Many in the guild do not work by the power of one.

We wish to have 4 voices.

So if one is not available

We have a voice at all times.

3 Likes

Essentially yes, Conclave Representative sounds way better than Moderator… These are the ones who CURATE votes and pass them from New Proposal to Final Proposals (which go live and are voted on via snapshot).

5 Likes

I’d probably go with 6 and see how it goes and if necessary go up to maybe 18 as a nod towards the 18

4 Likes

To steal a term … Council of Six sounds good to me. Too many won’t work.

I’d say renewal every 6 weeks is too often, but then a lot has happened in the last few weeks so perhaps give it a go. Should definitely be regular refreshes, because with projects like this people drift away/sell their NFTs and create a hole in the structure.

In terms of nominations, I think the list looks decent already.

Suggestions:

• Add @PrinceHamDoe
  • Add @ BasicallyAngel
  • Add @Dontfeedthewolf
  • Would love the Decrepits to be represented if anyone was keen?
  • On that note, 4 Blades is too many, in my opinion. 1/2 should be plenty to represent the views of the guild.
2 Likes

6 looks enough to me.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, i can do it and also as Wagdie Daily and Darkblade Guild rep in one

2 Likes

KingOffling (ya boi), Bus, EntiTez, Peach

<3

1 Like

Like Balyan said, 6 mods is a good number to start with, until things start take traction, the fewer people the better, in my opinion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nominating @TheGoldenEel and @Metaminati

1 Like

Nominations so far are (updating with new noms.):

• King Offling
  • Bus
  • EntiTez
  • Balyan
  • 0xMerlin
  • Popa1986
  • Josiah
  • Dontfeedthewolf
  • Peach
  • Rom
  • LostCowboy
  • PrinceHamDoe
  • Basically Angel
  • TheGoldenEel
  • Metaminati

Timelines for checkin in and renewing (adding another monkey wrench for those who want to think about such things)

• Maybe every 6 weeks?

Also something to consider… How MANY moderators TOTAL should there be for this first round?

• 6 (seems to be leading number, most agree start smaller)

Starting to like the sound of Council of Six, Revisitations/Renewals every Six weeks…

Reminder, Moderators = Conclave Representatives & will be the curators of Proposals bringing them from New Proposals to Final Proposals to be voted upon.

5 Likes

I believe King Offling has enough to focus on with his other roles and should not be a top choice for moderator here.

Having new people in leadership roles should be the goal.

4 Likes

This is a good point. Most of those with established reputations have done so by taking ownership and have much on their plate.

1 Like

Agreed, six weeks was my initial thought as a trial period only to hash out who is / isn’t active. Some of our proposals may find themselves too busy due to other obligations within the project and/or obligations personally (which is perfectly fine).

2 Likes

Maybe we start basic and the first proposals address number of participants, and then we move on to selecting participants?

2 Likes

Great list so far! Also want to throw Brennen.eth’s name in there. They seem to be well-versed in the operations of a DAO

2 Likes

I believe we could leverage Discourse polls to do a quick first pass here prior to heading to snapshot to finalize the choices.

We are limited to 5 discourse staff users and are already at 4 so this is something we need to consider. It’s possible some of the existing ones will need to be replaced by whoever is voted on.

I will need to look into trust levels more but one option is that these chosen members are not β€œstaff” but instead promoted to trust level 4 if we can limit posts to a specific category based on that.

3 Likes

My above thought was correct and I have limited the creation of posts in the category to trust level 4 which has to be manually assigned to a user by a mod. This means we do not have to worry about the Discourse staff limit of 5 and can move forward on selecting community members for this task.

You can see how TL4 differs from moderators here:

4 Likes

With this being the case, I’d say maybe have 4 TL4 then 2-4 moderators so the TL4 members can pin proposals they would like the moderators to look into.

2 Likes