Awarding 6 community members with a Token of Concord (ToC) each, every WAGDIE Conclave cycle (6 weeks).
The Two started their ToC distribution as a reward to community members for their notable work and this spirit of generosity and gratitude is a practice that needs to be carried forward. The WAGDIE community is full of ardent artists, skillful storytellers and brilliant builders whose products and creations deserve to be celebrated and awarded concretely.
Why ToCs? The first ToCs were handed out individually by the Two with the implication that those who received them would pass them out to other members of the community deemed to embody the lore spirit of those ToCs. As the project developed, the Two expanded their breadth of token delegation to different guilds.
Objectively, by far and large, these ToCs have not found their way to circulation amongst the community. And while it’s true that other manners of obtaining ToCs have been possible, the windows in which they operate (eg., live on spaces by answering riddles or participation in the Festival Tournament) are generally quite limiting, in both quantity and opportunity. While there are ~2.4k WAGDIE holders and 914 members in the Library discord, only 224 hold any kind of token. All this leads to a dearth of unique holders which this proposal seeks to challenge in proposing ToCs be awarded as opposed to WAGDIEs.
The Two will create a new ToC that reflects their purpose of awarding outstanding work by community members., ex. Conclave Crucible, Candle, Crescent, Crest, Crown, Badge. They will mint, at minimum, 36 of these new ToCs.
A gnosis safe with multisig access by the six current Conclave Representatives will be created. [wagdieawards.eth].
- The Two will airdrop a total of 36 ToCs to conclaverepresentatives.eth. The makeup of ToCs is up to their discretion; it may be solely comprised of the new Conclave ToC or mixed with preexisting ones such as Artificial Crystal and Fetid Talon.
- At any point during their term, each Conclave Representative may highlight the participation, effort, or initiative of a community member they deem has positively impacted the WAGDIE project. They will formally announce this via whatever channel they choose, be it Twitter or Discord, and award them by selecting and transferring one ToC from wagdieawards.eth to that individual’s eth address.
- At the start of a new election cycle, wagdieawards gnosis safe access will be re-secured with access shifted to the appropriate new conclave representatives.
- Each Conclave Representative reserves the ability to award one ToC during their 6 week term to another whose:
“participation, activity, or efforts has positively impacted the WAGDIE project.”
This ability is not mandatory to exercise. They may choose to not award any during their term and cannot be forced to do so. No Conclave Representative is allowed to award more than one ToC. Conclave Representatives cannot award themself or another Conclave Representative.
No more than 6 ToCs will be awarded during each cycle. When the supply of ToCs in wagdieawards diminishes, assessments will be made to request a new supply dropped from the Two in a similar process as dictated above.
- The interpretation of merit by which each Conclave Representative chooses to award a member, along with the ToC they choose to award, is up to the discretion of that Conclave Representative. Other than verbalizing their rationale when naming that member, no other justification is required.
*Veto Clause: If 4/6 Conclave Representatives formally voice a lack of legitimacy in an announced awarding, no award shall be made. In this situation, that Conclave Representative has forfeited his right to award any further for the remainder of their term.
Upon passing snapshot vote, STAGE 1 will be executed immediately, with STAGE 2 following immediately. STAGE 3 will occur as stated within the current term cycle.
-Creation and minting of new ToCs (at the Two’s expense)
-Creation of mulitsig gnosis (at community’s expense)
-ToC transfer fees (Conclave Treasury funding)
.5 eth (deposited into the wagdieawards.eth)
The virtues of generosity and gratitude are cornerstones of WAGDIE. In that spirit, individuals who expand the world and experience of WAGDIE need to be celebrated and awarded. Since ToCs are challenging to come by, and the fact that they hold less monetary value than WAGDIE while still being very desirable and thematically linked to ethos and lore, they make wonderful awards.