WIP 8: Term Rewards using wagdie for Conclave

Starting with the 6 conclave members I propose paying those members 1 wagdie each for their efforts of running the conclave for the past 6 weeks.

In addition to the 6 conclave members, X other community members, voted on, should also receive 1 wagdie each.

This allows recognition and payment with a resource that promotes the health of the community and creates a positive reinforcement on spreading floor wagdie to contributing members.

At the end of this passing, the team will floor sweep 6 + X wagdie and distribute them to the members. agreed upon.

Conclave Members

1. ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–“๐–ˆ๐–Ž๐–‘ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•พ๐–Ž๐– (brennen.eth)
  2. Balyan, aka Matt Lab (0x51266b01772C9945D33bd0851C981A94c3F5Bf00)
  3. dontfeedthewolf.eth (dontfeedthewolf.eth)
  4. hersilence.eth (hersilence.eth)
  5. AlmostJosiah (0x28Dca5fF7Ac78BAB442C04Bc8fBbF9c768B125c9)
  6. ๐— ๐Ÿฏ๐—ฅ๐—Ÿ๐Ÿญ๐—ก (m3rl1n.eth)

For the additional X community members, anyone can be included that are nominated in this discourse thread.

Edit: This proposal will only include the reward for the 6 conclave members for now. Also, this will be paid for from the treasury and sent to those 6 accounts.

4 Likes

A suggestion from AlmostJosiah (I like this a lot) is that each conclave member will choose another community member of their choice to be rewarded. This makes it subjective, but in a way in which conclave members carry a bigger role and can be voted in/out.

4 Likes

Yeah so I really like the hybrid idea of @brennen_eth & @josiah.peace

6 Wagdie each term to 6 members of Conclave (1 each)

In addition to that, 6 nominated rewards by the conclave (1 nomination each, cannot nominate themselves)

I love Josiahโ€™s point about how this community started and was founded by the team rewarding members with Tokens of Concord and those members dispersing the rewards, so it continues in that spirit.

2 Likes

Echo this! I think awarding each Conclave Representative with a WAGDIE at the conclusion of their non-consecutive 6 week term position is a nice gesture.

Whether those costs come from the Conclave or The Two is another decision that requires clarification.

As for the community reward portion of this idea, I believe I will make a separate proposal @brennen_eth. While they both touch upon rewarding community members, I think theyโ€™re two very different implementations.

2 Likes

I support both rewarding the Conclave Reps, and the community.

1 Like

I like the idea of both rewarding conclave members and the community, but this sounds a little expensive.

Letโ€™s take the current floor price of .1 ETH, multiply that by 9 (6 reps, conservatively 3 nominations), then multiply that again by 9 again for the amount of timeโ€™s thisโ€™ll occur in a year, youโ€™re approaching 14k/yr. This is assuming things stay static, which they of course wont. We all know ETH will be 10k in a month (kidding).

The difference between this proposal and @josiah.peaceโ€™s proposal is Josiahโ€™s ostensibly mints new tokens as reward, cutting down costs significantly.

Iโ€™ll make the argument that if proposals are going to only benefit the most active community members (a select few) then we should try and cut down the cost as much as possible.

4 Likes

I agree and like this aspect of Josiahs as well. The only issue then is whether or not Conclave Representatives should be awarded anything themselves, which is what @brennen_eth proposal aims to address.

Sorry yes, to be clear Iโ€™m for rewarding the conclave representatives. I would just prefer the method outlined in Josiahโ€™s proposal.

1 Like

Yea, I think @josiah.peace has a good approach. In the wagdie floor sweep, the value is the hopeful positive fly wheel affect on sweeping every 6 weeks. I know we donโ€™t like talking floor price, but it does help spread floor wagdie across the community in a healthy way.

1 Like

Maybe would be a good opportunity to some how work it out that during dips or lower prices there is a small conclave community wallet or we request the project take some wagdie off the floor during certain times and hold them ahead of donation

1 Like

I agree! Love the hybrid.

1 Like

:skull: Abstract

I propose paying the 6 conclave members 1 wagdie each for their efforts of running the conclave for the past 6 weeks, using the funds from the treasury.

:skull: Motivation

This allows recognition and payment with a resource that promotes the health of the community and creates a positive reinforcement on spreading floor wagdie to contributing members.

:skull: Rationale

Conclave members meet once a week for at least an hour to discuss and manage proposal flows. In addition to the back and forth on the conclave discord to organize and coordinate.

:skull: Specifications

Devs will use treasury funds to sweep the floor at a random date/time and send 1 wagdie to each of the 6 conclave members (I donโ€™t care how randomness is contributed)

:skull: Steps to Implement

Buy 6 wagdie and send 1 wagdie to each conclave member address listed below:

1. ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–“๐–ˆ๐–Ž๐–‘ ๐–”๐–‹ ๐•พ๐–Ž๐– (brennen.eth)
  2. Balyan, aka Matt Lab (0x51266b01772C9945D33bd0851C981A94c3F5Bf00)
  3. dontfeedthewolf.eth (dontfeedthewolf.eth)
  4. hersilence.eth (hersilence.eth)
  5. AlmostJosiah (0x28Dca5fF7Ac78BAB442C04Bc8fBbF9c768B125c9)
  6. ๐— ๐Ÿฏ๐—ฅ๐—Ÿ๐Ÿญ๐—ก (m3rl1n.eth)

:skull: Timeline

At the behest of the devs

:skull: Overal Cost

6 wagdie floor sweep costs between 0.4e and 0.7e right now

1 Like

Although I am all for this proposal, I encourage all current Conclave Representatives who stand to directly benefit from this passing to abstain in their voting.

3 Likes

Good call. I too agree with this proposal, but as am biased/involved have voted to abstain, thank you for this recommendation.

2 Likes

I think it would be good to edit the top post and add direct links to snapshot in live proposals.

1 Like

I usually comment vote is live with link to snapshot as most recent comment will be first thing they see - but can switch to or in addition add it to the original post?

Appreciate the feedback

Voting has concluded for Snapshot WIP 8

302 For
92 Abstain
86 Against