WIP 6: WAGDIE QUEST - Events System

I honestly think this is good to go.

Also separately, WAGDICE is in the works already so assume that will be taken care of. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Excellent! If we end up not needing to pay for WAGDICE at all, or less than proposed, we can put that money into the prize purse - that we can give out for more quests I run, or ideally others in community start to host :slight_smile:

1 Like

I personally love the questing experience and think it’s a great way to enjoy what we’ve created as a community and bring in visibility to the project. I believe this isn’t an issue to fund today but for this to be an ongoing experience it’s probably a good idea to consider how to make this more sustainable in the future in the event the treasury isn’t able to continue funding down the road.

A couple random thoughts:

1. What if a small entrance fee was required to participate? This could go towards funding the experience and future prize pools.

2. What if these experiences were riskier and death could result in loss of token? Rather than burning the token it would go to the questing wallet and could provide a future β€œrescue” opportunity as a reward, and/or be sold to fund the questing wallet?

3. Hosts should petition the crowd for tips :slight_smile:

Obviously, these ideas needs to be fleshed out more but I’m trying to think of a means to make this a more sustainable experience.

Also, timing should be strategically planned and we should make an effort to raise awareness and market these events as a community to gain the most visibility.

1 Like

I feel like this worked out great in the first Quest that we ran and I think this should be a standard. I don’t mind having the Conclave fund the first Quest or so and investing in the labor/costs to build this and make it open-sourced… but I do have to agree that I think Quests could be self-funded by participants wagering in and donations from Community.

Ultimately what we have to always be thinking of is long-term and sustainability. We want these things to be self-sustained.

@hersilence.eth and @Dontfeedthewolf - updated with these reccos! These are great, and I’ve shifted the proposal to be more oriented around self sustainability and less around the initial hosted quests. I think the idea of the initial prizes to help get it off ground, but making it more about community participation/contribution, and getting clever with that (i like the β€˜rescue’ idea!) will make that great.

Also, 0xG has offered to be development partner for the image generator/website to make this higher quality experience, so I think we have a strong opportunity to make that product quickly if the higher funding is agreed to.

2 Likes

Awesome!!

Really excited for this one. Getting the dice rolling and actions automated + imagery if possible - so whomever is hosting can just focus on narration β€” I’m sure would make your life easier too for hosting.

You’re a machine for creating the images, rolling the dice and narrating it all manually. The quest + 32 tournament must have been insane and the work doesn’t go unnoticed.

Self sustainability will be crucial for longevity. Automating and on-chain for trustless and functionality + saving time to allow for the DM / host to basically have fun with just delivering narration for the events.

Could even consider scripting storylines and using code to point to char names to have that automated too at some point. Although I think people will always prefer hosts like yourself to deliver the text.

But having something like this will be an amazing tool for both WAGDIE devs and community. As for the prizes of tournaments and events, I think that can always come after and be handled per each.

Some will be more insane than others, imagine high rollers wanting to play and raising stakes. Others may be less intense but fitting for the groups that play. It can be adapted to those who participate and that’s key.

2 Likes

Proposal is live for voting on Snapshot

2 Likes

Proposal passed with $14k Funding: Snapshot

1 Like